What is CoolSculpting?
At About Face & Body Medical Spa, we are proud to be a certified CoolSculpting provider. We will take the time to discuss a holistic approach to your goals for reshaping your body. Together, we’ll look at your whole body from different angles and then focus on specific areas where you want to eliminate fat. We can reshape and remove your stubborn, unwanted fat with CoolSculpting. You will receive permanent fat cell death with NO surgery, NO anesthesia, and NO downtime. CoolSculpting is the only FDA-approved, nonsurgical, proven fat-reduction treatment for freezing fat using safe, controlled cooling that eliminates unwanted, stubborn fat from the body, specifically the abdomen that is resistant to diet and exercise. The results are noticeable and lasting so you can get wow results and love how your clothes fit better, feel better, and look better.
"She is very professional and the services are amazing! I definitely will return!"- B.H. / Facebook / Mar 16, 2021
"I am a licensed aesthetician and have professional experience in the field of cosmetic dermatology and injectables. I have high expectations and I am not easily impressed. I found About Face and Body med spa and was immediately impressed by Michelle Spencer the injector as no one I know has ever surpassed her skills. She is passionate about facial perfection and it is very evident in her work. I could not possibly consider going anywhere else as my face is everything to me and the results that she provides are immaculate. Don’t ever go cheap on your face, it’s your best armour."- C.P. / Yelp / Feb 23, 2021
"Expertise of my provider! Very satisfied!"- K.T. / Office Visit / Feb 08, 2021
"Very clean and friendly atmosphere! Shannon and Michelle were awesome! Will definitely be back for more services."- C.A / Office Visit / Jan 22, 2021
"Brittani was knowledgeable, quick, and all-around awesome!"- C.H. / Office Visit / Jan 22, 2021
How does CoolSculpting work?
While a gel pad protects the skin, the CoolSculpting applicator delivers precise cooling to gently yet effectively target fat cells, which are crystalized (frozen), then die. The cooling technology delivered through the applicator will target and freeze the fat cells. During treatment, you will probably feel the coolness, but this typically does not cause great discomfort. As the CoolSculpting applicator uses suction to pull the fat toward the area to be treated, you will feel a slight tugging or stinging, but these will be completely normal sensations. Within weeks, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving you leaner and sculpted.
Frequently Asked Questions About CoolSculpting
How do I know if CoolSculpting is right for me?
- The CoolSculpting fat reduction procedure is specially designed for individuals who have unwanted fat in specific areas. Unlike weight loss surgery, such as gastric bypass, the CoolSculpting procedure is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese. Ideal candidates for the CoolSculpting procedure have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Most of our clients want a safer, nonsurgical alternative to liposuction. A consultation is necessary for a professional evaluation of the area or areas of unwanted fat you seek to eliminate and are always complimentary.
What is a CoolSculpting treatment like?
- You can relax and let us do the work! During the treatment, a gel pad and applicator are applied to the area of unwanted fat. The CoolSculpting applicator delivers specific cooling to the targeted fat. During the procedure, you can read, Facebook, check email, watch a movie, or even take a nap!
How does CoolSculpting work?
- While a gel pad protects the skin, the CoolSculpting applicator delivers precise cooling to gently yet effectively target fat cells, which are crystalized (frozen), then die. Within weeks, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving you leaner and sculpted.
Will I lose weight with CoolSculpting?
- With dieting and weight loss, fat cells shrink, but the number of fat cells stays the same. If you gain weight, the fat cells get larger to store the fat. With the CoolSculpting fat freezing procedure, the number of fat cells in treated areas is permanently reduced by about 25%. These fat cells are eliminated by your body and do not migrate to other areas in the body. Unlike what happens in other procedures, there is no change to fat cells in untreated areas. After your CoolSculpting treatment, you may not weigh less, but you’ll look thinner and your clothes will fit better, feel better, and look better.
When will I see results after CoolSculpting?
- You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to 4 – 6 months after treatment.
Are there any side effects after a CoolSculpting treatment?
- During the procedure, you may experience deep pulling, tugging, pinching, numbness, or discomfort. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, and pain. Rare side effects may also occur. The CoolSculpting procedure is not for everyone. You should not have the CoolSculpting procedure if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. The CoolSculpting procedure is not a treatment for obesity. As with any medical procedure, ask us if the CoolSculpting procedure is right for you.
What happens if I gain weight after receiving CoolSculpting?
- Many people, after seeing the results from their CoolSculpting procedure, take even better care of themselves. However, if you do gain weight, you may gain it evenly all over your body, not just in the treated areas.