What is Laser Hair Removal?
Unwanted body hair is a problem that everyone experiences. This is why hair removal has become the #1 noninvasive aesthetic procedure. Our hair removal laser uses an 810nm diode to remove and permanently reduce unwanted hair. The pulse repetition rate can be adjusted up to ten pulses per second, allowing both small and large areas to be treated fast and effectively while minimizing discomfort. With the use of IPL and Forever Bare BBL™, our team at About Face & Body Medical Spa can help reduce the appearance of unwanted hair and provide you with the smoother skin you desire. Learn more by contacting our Katy, TX facility to schedule your initial consultation.
What is IPL Hair Removal?
Intense pulsed light (IPL) can offer hair removal results where other lasers fail. At About Face & Body Medical Spa, we offer hair removal using broadband intense pulsed light in 650nm, 695nm, and 755mn filters for permanent hair reduction. This is an excellent treatment option for lighter skin types with dark hair for both comfort and to provide options for stubborn, finer hair removal resistant to other lasers.
What is Forever Bare BBL?
Forever Bare BBL technology by Sciton offers a more comfortable hair removal treatment for both small and large areas of the body. With a thermoelectrically cooled sapphire plate, this technology allows for continuous cooling during the treatment process to help ease any discomfort. The advanced BBL technology works to evenly heat hair follicles for more precise and desirable results.
Hair Removal Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
Is laser hair removal safe for all skin types?
- The 810nm diode can be used on all skin types.
What areas of the body are most popular for laser hair removal?
- For women, the areas most commonly requested for laser hair removal are underarms, legs, and bikini area, followed by unwanted hair on the face. For men, the areas most commonly requested for laser hair removal are the back, chest, and neck.
What if I only want to reduce hair density in a certain area?
- Since laser hair reduction treatment sessions only treat actively growing hair follicles, only 1/4 to 1/3 of hairs are in active growth at any time. Therefore, you could suspend treatments when the desired thinning has been achieved.
Does skin complexion affect laser hair removal?
- Laser hair removal is focused on pigment so it is only effective on darker, visible hair. If you have red, blonde, or white hair, laser hair removal is ineffective. The optimal candidate has medium to light skin with hair several shades darker. Darker, pigmented skin individuals can safely have laser hair removal although caution must be taken.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
- Lasers for hair removal have made many advances in the past several years, increasing comfort during treatment. The laser pulses are so rapid and the tip is extra chilled, providing tolerability for even the most sensitive clients.
How can I choose the right clinic for my laser hair removal needs?
- Lasers are medical devices and should only be used in clinical settings with a physician on-site that is trained in laser safety. Furthermore, if there are any side effects or complications, we feel it is important that there are professional medical providers that are licensed and trained to treat any unforeseen complications.